A good fruit cobbler is good for any day, whether it’s in the middle of summer or winter. Here are three easy cobbler recipes that anyone can whip up whenever you need a taste of sweet fruit. Or even if you just want a good dessert.
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
2 (16 ounce) cans peaches in heavy syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Empty peaches into the bottom of one 9×13 inch pan. Cover with the dry cake mix and press down firmly. Cut butter into small pieces and place on top of cake mix. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes. 
Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2 cups of sliced fresh fruit or berries
1 tablespoon sugar
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in an 8-inch square or 9-inch round pan; set in oven to melt. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
- Whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tb. of sugar.
- Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. 
Cake-Style Fruit Cobbler
1/4 cup sugar
1 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon, optional
4 to 6 cups fresh or frozen fruit*
1 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice; less for tart fruit, more for sweeter fruit
1 large egg
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9″ x 9″ x 2″ baking pan or a 2-quart baking dish.
- To make the filling: Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and spice.
- Toss with the fruit and lemon juice. Set aside while making the topping.
- To make the topping: Whisk together egg and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in the melted butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, stirring until well combined.
- To assemble: Pour the batter into the pan. Spoon the fruit mixture (including any syrup that may have accumulated) over the batter.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm
- ^Allrecipes. (2018). Peach Cobbler Dump Cake I Recipe. [online] Available at: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/7987/peach-cobbler-dump-cake-i/ [Accessed 20 Sep. 2018]. (go back↩)
- ^Allrecipes. (2018). Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler Recipe. [online] Available at: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/88354/easy-batter-fruit-cobbler/ [Accessed 20 Sep. 2018]. (go back↩)